There are 2 pieces of homework for this week.
1. Last week, you calculated your own Environmental Footprint using this website. This week I would like you to complete the same calculations but for a local Tanzanian person. In the comments box I would like you to record what similarities and differences you noticed.
2. This weekend is earth hour. Check out the website and tell me 3 things you have discovered, 2 actions you could take and 1 action we could take as a class.
Choose one of the videos to watch. After you have watched it, complete a connect, extend, challenge and post your ideas below.
1. How do the ideas in the video CONNECT to what you already know?
2. What new ideas did you get that EXTENDED your learning or pushed your thinking in a new direction?
3. What is still CHALLENGING or confusing for you? What questions, wonderings or puzzles do you still have?
March 8th 2016 is the International Women’s Day. On this day we wear purple and we celebrate the achievements of women, peace and rights. Why are we celebrating the International day of women? we celebrate it because we are trying to make women and men equal. So men are not more important than women and women are not more important than men. That’s what GIZ (German Society International Cooperation ) and other people will try to do.
we love international women's day, and people will do everything they can to help men and women be equal!
For your homework, I would like you to calculate your environmental footprint. You may need to ask your parents for help with one or two questions. Post your results in the comments section below.
If you want to find out more about the effects of our environmental footprints then check out this website Miss Alisha shared with me.
If you click on the image to the left it will take you to a website created by Miss Elif, last year. She actually made it to share with the teachers in school but I think it's such a fabulous resource that we should use it to help us.
Have a look around the website and see what you can find out. There are some great resources on there and you can also click on some of the websites below to find out more.
GeekDad- Raising Geek Generation 2.0
Built By Kids-DIY Projects
Instructables-Explore, Document, and Share Projects
HowToons-Part comic strip and part science experiment, Howtoons shows children how to find imaginative new uses for common household items like soda bottles.
Looledo-extraordinary projects from ordinary things
PBSKids Design Squad-Engineering and Science Activities
Crafty Crow-A Children's Craft Collection
Spark! Lab-Activities and Experiments
Learn Sparkfun-Tutorials for Creating
Tinkerlab-Creative Experiments for Makers & Tinkerers
The Tinkering Studio-Science, art, tech, & great ideas
Make To Learn-Bringing DYI and Education Together